Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Only Survivor


The body structure of a mouse.

Yeah, I had the dissection for mouse today.
Lab partner- Poh Ming & Daphney.
Credits to Daphney, the photographer ;D
One last picture with the alive white mouse before we murder dissect it.
Poh Ming looked thrilled, & I looked..sleepy.
We started off with putting Chloroform on our mouse's nose.
It fainted after smelling it.
It was so, damn, SAD, to see a little life just lose its will to live.
A life can be taken just so easily, in 5 minutes.

From a cute active mouse to a lifeless creature :
-->
The mouse was pinned up, by our surgeon : Poh Ming. I know she struggled a lot to do that. She's an animal lover, you see. Its just very hard to believe that the once hyperly moving around, pee-ing and poop-ing on people's hand mouse to just lie lifelessly on the board. ;'(

Cutting through its skin.

Skinned.

Cutting the ribcage.

The Packed Organs.
The arteries have not break yet.

Arteries broke. See a clearer view of the organs?
The lungs, kidneys, testis, intestines,..


Dissected mouse.
The small intestine was 36cm ;)

The End.
It was really, really, interesting and fascinating dissecting a mouse. I didn't mean it for fun, but for good sake. I've learnt a lot from it.
How often do you get to see cute lil organs?
RIP, mouse. Rest in peace.

Surgeons at work.
Chey..actually I sibuk only x)
Hmm...I'm wondering what is it like to dissect a frog next year?
Surely there will be no fur, larger organs, moist skin, and much much fatter body.
We'll see, next year :D
Now, I'm thinking whether to drop Bio. But if the ministry of eduction is to persist with the only 10 subjects for SPM, I've no choice but to drop it. I'm going for designing or musics in the future.
A great experience learning Biology, though.
& are you wondering why is my title 'The Only Survivor'?
Guess why is it! (:
WELL, we had 10 groups for today's dissection.
& of all mice, one mouse survived :O
It is no other than...
THIS WHITE MOUSE.
rofl.


Poh Ming took it home.
Choy sold it to her for RM4.50, potong harga from RM6.00. :)
I don't know what she name it yet, and I'm waiting for her to tell me that 'Sherry ate the mouse'. :O
Hahah, joking! Take care of it properly kay, till the next time I go to your house, it must know how to swim! :D
Okay. I'm done, Daphney! XD This girl never wants to touch the mouse or getting near to anything/anyone that touched the mouse. Pffft, you must learn to love them. Or....wait for your birthday! *mysterious laugh*
*Tomorrow I'm not going school. Anyone home studying too? :P

By the way, guys, I've named the dissected mouse Paolo Ruischuman. Don't ask. Paolo was one great character I read from the Angel of Honour. Ask Poh ;)

0 comments: