Saturday, April 30, 2011

Missing Ya'll & UCSI Uni

BIG HI TO ALL OF YOU! (WAVES) I bet I lost all my readers, being such a lazy blogger. lmao

I just re-read every single posts of my blog. Took me just awhile since I don't blog much :)

But damn, the memories :') I'm missing all the people that I've lost touch with. Now, everyone is busy with college/work and their own lives, so hard to catch up w every single one! Through facebook, I'm glad to know that all of you are well. Good luck in life yea, people! <3


As for me, I've been having my holidays since SPM's over(14th Dec 10') till few days ago when I started my university's orientation days. So, it has been 4 months plus that I've been hanging/wandering around. Weirdly, time passes so quickly. Now, I'm enrolled in UCSI University as a student for Foundation in Music. Yeah, to those that I've told about the audition, I've passed it with:
Major Instrument: Admitted into SF181 Major Instrument 1 (piano)
Music Theory: Admitted into SF102 Music Theory Rudiments 2 (gladly to skip 1, even I've made lotsa annoying mistakes for the test. heh)
Practical Test: SF132 Practical Skills 2 (gladly to skip 1 too, everything was perfect[sight reading, open scores reading, cadences] except for clapping rhythms and singing intervals) This means that I need to work super hard on rhythms and singing!

For Major Instrument, everyone is compulsory to take 1. On orientation day itself, we were needed to decide on our course selection. Initially, I want to learn up french horn/harp as my minor instrument, but the university do not have tutors for those instruments. I hesitated while telling my lecturer that I'm taking electric guitar as minor. After deep thinking and all, at home, I'm certain that I would not want to stuck with choir for the rest of my 4 years studying there. I MUST get into the orchestra group. I emailed to tell that I'm changing my minor to clarinet(a woodwind instrument). Got lectured by the lecturer that I should never change my decision for my minor as it will be troublesome but she allowed me for changes this time as I'm a freshman, haha.

As for this semester, I'll be taking 8 subjects:
Major Instrument 1 (piano)
Minor Instrument 1 (drums)
Minor Instrument 1 (clarinet)
Practical Skills 2
Music Theory Rudiments 2
Musicianship 1
Choir 1
Malaysian Studies

A total of 20 credit hours for this sem. I will definitely push myself to the limits, maybe exceeding my limits for great results. I'm thankful for my mother for still letting me to study music even though she thinks it's ridiculous(she wants me to study nutrition, you see). I'll prove her wrong that I could have a career with it and will excel and succeed in life :)

Okay, I would like to tell you about my university(lemme brag a bit! :D ) UCSI University.



They've few campuses around Malaysia-Cheras (there's 2), Terengganu, Sarawak.

For all I know, they've a swimming pool, gym, badminton/basketball/futsal court, table tennis room, dance studios, jamming studios, labs and everything. They've also a shop selling all kinda UCSI souvenirs, eg. UCSI mugs, UCSI pens, UCSI books, stuff like that. I even have a UCSI thumbdrive and a UCSI bottle. LMAO. There's also a maxis booth at the lobby, selling simcards and top-ups(awesome for me!) & an Apple shop, selling Apple's stuff.

One thing I don't like about UCSI, is that the working hour for the staffs starts only at 9am and I always reach there at 7am, needing to wait for an hour plus to get my number to make payment and such. Haha, I know that 9am is a normal working hour(I would drag to get up from bed, remembering myself working at tgv at 9am too), but come onnn, it's a university, shouldn't the staffs there be early or at least have a 24/7 robot to settle payments and students' questions? hehee

There's also not many clubs in UCSI. The ones I'm interested in joining is the Dodgeball Club(Devil's Dukes), Social Sciences & Liberal Arts Association & the sports club. Might only join during the next semester(August), as I wanna check my schedules and adapt to university first, in the mean time, waiting for Cheng Lu to join the September intake! lol

Oh yah, my timetable is crazy, seriously. I have 8 hours break in between for Monday and Wednesday. 6 hours break in between for Tuesday. Thursday and Friday, I'm ending early though :) So, I wonder what am I gonna do for 8 hours, maybe can go for a swim or something!

Kayy, signing off. I'll get a uni shot when I start class later.

Till next post.

Loves.

0 comments: